I tried Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta And It Was Delish!
Is there anything this girl can’t do!?
Gigi Hadid shared her famous pasta recipe on Instagram and well the internet went cray cray!
The recipe went viral on TikTok, obviously! And before you know it, everyone was trying it out (including me).
Here is the original recipe:
What you’ll need:
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- tomato paste
- pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- shredded parmesan
- 16oz box of penne pasta– boiled + reserve pasta water for later use
- Boil pasta according to box directions, or until al dente. Set aside, reserving 1 cup of pasta water for later use.
- Prepare all of your ingredients, set aside. Can combine all spices—paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder—in one small dish, like a ramekin.
- In a large, deep skillet, add olive oil and heat pan to medium/medium-high heat.
- Once pan is hot and sizzling, add diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant, about 5-6 minutes. If you like your onions more cooked, sauté until golden brown.
- Add tomato paste, butter, vodka and whole whipping cream to skillet. Mix all ingredients together—the sauce will take on a slightly orange/pink hue, and will be slightly thick.
- Heat pasta sauce for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, ensuring it doesn’t burn. Lower the heat if it starts to burn, or if the pan gets too hot.
- Add in the shredded parmesan cheese, mix until melted and completely combined.
- Add reserved pasta water to skillet to thin out the sauce. Start with ½ cup of water, stirring constantly. Remember: the sauce will need to burn off some liquid, so it will be a little thin to start.
- Heat pasta sauce on low-medium for about 5-6 more minutes, stirring frequently, while some of the excess liquid burns off. Lower flame if sauce starts to burn.
- Once sauce is ready, pour half of rotini into prepared sauce. Store extra pasta.
- Plate pasta and add additional parmesan cheese and a pinch of dried or fresh basil on top.
Step by step direction courtesy: Parade.com
Leave a Reply