We’ve all been there! We’ve all dealt with days that make us want to kill someone, if I had a penny for every bad day I’d be super rich!
But anyway my point being, bad days are inevitable so the best you can do is deal with it. Here’s how:
1) Light up scented candles: never ever underestimate the power of scented candles, they have a power to turn your mood around in a span of 5 mins!
Scent has the ability to impact well-being in a very powerful way. Our olfactory centre is directly linked to the emotional and memory centres in our brain, which are all bound up in the limbic system, the most ancient part of the brain. This means when we smell we literally feel and create memories. No other sense has this kind of impact on the brain. Choosing particular scents can have a very positive impact on our feelings and emotions, a practice more commonly known as Aromatherapy.
2) Do a skin routine: my skincare routine is quite basic, I wash, scrub, mask & then moisturize! Something about cleaning my face really calms me down and makes me believe that everything is sorted (I know it’s weird but it is what it is🤷🏼♀️)
3) Watch a movie: I have a bunch of movies that I only watch when I’m in a bad mood! If I’m sad, ill watch something that’s bound to make me cry like A walk to remember or if I have lost faith in love, ill watch something like 10 Things I hate about you! Or if I’m just generally blah ill watch a musical like Mama Mia or High School Musical (I’m not embarrassed, I grew up watching HSM 💁♀️) or if none of this makes sense, then just watch Friends! ♥️
4) Order a pizza: well order comfort food! For me it’s a large pepperoni and cheese pizza with fries and soda! 🍕
5) Read a good book before bed: reading always helps! I believe it lets you live another life for a while and that’s magical! It gives you perspective, helps you imagine.
6) Have a glass of water and go to bed: it was a bad day, not a bad life. Relax & reboot 🌸