1) Can you tell our readers about yourself & your blog?
We are 24 year old British bloggers, blogging about fashion, nightlife & food in Dubai. We have lived in Dubai for 11 years, we’re originally from Birmingham England. Our main focus on the blog is fashion as we really enjoy sharing with our readers our style and how our individual styles show our personalities.
2) How & why did you start blogging?
Our friends & family came up with the idea for us to start blogging as they thought we could bring a different style/look to the blogging scene in Dubai & they were right .
3) What are some of your strengths that really helped you in your blogging?
Looking completely different to other bloggers in Dubai, we think there are too many bloggers looking alike these days. We blog on the bases that not everyone can afford all these high end brands. For us when we blog a product it’s not just something our readers might like or interested in, they might actually be able to afford these products. This has given us a huge number of readers over the years .
4) What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
The blogging industry. The frustrating part is that bloggers think that blogging is a competition, really at the end of the day we are all here doing the same thing. Yes blogging is one of the most popular forms of advertising/promoting but a blogger shouldn’t lose their dignity just because of gaining thousands of followers, there is only a few bloggers these days that are down to earth.
5) Who’s your number 1 inspiration?
Fashion blogger Lua from le happy blog.
6) What’s your to-go outfit?
Jeans, top, back pack and sneakers.
7) Where do you mostly shop from?
Urban outfitters, forever21, Zara & online stores .
8) Have you met anyone interesting on your blogging journey?
We’ve met Julien Macdonald a Welsh fashion designer, Nicole Richie and also an international fashion blogger Aimee Song from the blog Song of Style.
9) Who was your first style icon?
Our first style icon was Angelica Blick who is an international fashion blogger from Sweden.
10) What is the biggest challenge that you face as a blogger?
Biggest challenge we face as bloggers would be time. As we both have full time jobs it is hard for us to make time for our blog. It would also be a great help if we had a professional photographer as we struggle taking our own photos.
11) Who takes most of your photos?
We both take each others photos or we get family and friends to help out once and a while.
12) Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
In 5 years time we want to continue blogging and hopefully even promote our own products .