I’m starting to love the idea of creative nail art. So many different colors, coats and designs that helps express one’s style. It amazes me, how creative people can get with such small space! I wish I had the patience to change my nail paint often, but I happen to be a lazy bum! But here are some of the trends that are going to be a huge part of SS’16:
- Metallic shades: Be it golden or matte silver, this trend works well for any season!
- Fuchsia pink: The bright color pop nail paints are always going to be a BIG YES, it’s important to be playful & experiment with different shades of pink & see what works best for you.
- Glittery nails: This trend worked well in winters – in dark tones, for instance; I wore my black shiny textured nail paint throughout winters. It was my go to nail paint, but for Summer/ Spring I feel everyone should mix it up a bit and add bright glittery tones such as blue & pink!
- Dark tones : If you happen to be some one who isn’t big on the bright nail paints then you can always wear a darker tones that can be found in nature. For example, dark ‘foresty’ green or dark pink flowery shades.
Quick Tips & Tricks:
- Shimmery or Glitter polish usually lasts longer on nails as compared to ordinary nail paint.
- To avoid the nail paint from chipping off , always use a top coat!
- Always apply three thin layers instead of one or two thick ones, this way nails dry faster.
- Store your nail paint somewhere cool aka your refrigerator, the heat and sun can alter the consistency and color of the nail paint – hence storing it in the fridge allows the formula to last longer.
All Photo Credits: Essie